Tuesday 21 March 2017

Dear earth

I closed my eyes to see a world unseen
Paradise it felt or that's how it's always been.
My mouth fell open at the wondrous sight,
When the sun gleamed in all its might.
As my head took a turn
I glanced upon the regal Saturn.
Still a sight with a lot of sand scars,
I am talking about Mars.
Shaken away widely from my focus
Came along the awesomely bright Venus.
Stopping my gaze for something even better with a jitter,
Appeared the enormous Jupiter.
Just as I started feeling in tune,
To add more smiles came along Neptune.
As if it wasn't enough feeling like Columbus,
Beamed the beautiful Uranus.
Oh! What hosts these big things were!
Never was there a moment not to stare.
Happier like never before, I stepped back to see
Something amiss to add to my glee
The charms of sand and snow and the morning glow
The teasing wind and the long nice mile, yes, I know.
My planet, my earth, my home, my mirth.

2 comments: