Thursday 26 February 2015

Emptiness

I created this beautiful haven in my brain
Impressions innumerable cordially existing in explicit frames.
I sprinkle a plethora of shades from the memory pot,
adding tints of tenderness with every touch.
I saw you midway as you walked along the trail,
eagerly peeping at every snippet of detail with awe.
Soft sounds, lurking giggles, little laments, together we saw,
interspersed with simmering silence seeing every cloud sail.
Seemingly aware and unaware I was, of a looming gail.
I turned around to say
You had walked away.
Stillness screamed, but I had to smile.
The gail did go and so did you.
The haven, colorful still, 
but not a trace of the grace of your shadow.
Yes.. an emptiness you left behind, forgotten to fill.


6 comments:

  1. There is a beast...it's name is "Loneliness" & it will try to consume your soul. I know, because I look this beast in the eye everyday & it stares back at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's best to stay quiet. Except the silence can speak volumes without ever saying a word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joshita, the beast can always be tamed. A pet is just an animal before it receives love isn't it? I hope you have got your answer. Thanks a lot for reading dear!

      Delete
    2. Joshita, the beast can always be tamed. A pet is just an animal before it receives love isn't it? I hope you have got your answer. Thanks a lot for reading dear!

      Delete